Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Springtime and Growth

It's hard to believe my last post had pictures of Kayla in a warm jacket and snow all over! It feels so great right now in sunny GA. High 70's and flowers blooming everywhere. Spring makes me think of growth and let me tell you growth is a funny thing. Sometimes things seem to take a long time to grow and other times it happens so quickly!

A few highlights from the past months:

I took an Anatomy class that meant I had to be in Newnan very early in the mornings so my parents were kind enough to allow me to drop Kayla off with them. They would fix her breakfast and take her to school 2 times a week. Such a blessing! Those early mornings were hard though...I was usually getting Kayla out of bed! Thankfully I am done with that class and will now have another class 2 times a week, but at night. Kayla's Dad and my parents will help with that...again couldn't do it without them!

In February Kayla had a Valentine's Day party at school. She had a great time getting Valentines from all her friends and decorating (and eating) a big cookie! Mommy didn't know until the day of that I was supposed to get Valentines...how did I miss that memo? I came through though :)
Kayla went to a fun birthday party for Eva Duffy. They had a moon bounce, music, lots of food, cake, cookie decorating, ponies, and a pinata! Kayla and Mommy had a blast. We also had a successful Happy Visit to the dentist - no cavities! Also in February I ran a half marathon in Orlando, FL. My Mom came to stay with Kayla and it was so nice having her here knowing Kayla was in good hands. They did a lot of fun things and made lots of memories. My favorite surprise getting back was seeing beautiful violas planted in my flower boxes! Kayla is supposed to help me remember to water them because they "get thirsty".

It has warmed up in March and with daylight savings we are enjoying getting outside more - winter seemed so long! Kayla is so good about playing by herself...her imagination is very vivid. I usually exercise when I get home and she does very well entertaining herself. Then we fix dinner, get a bath, and read a story before bed. It's a nice little routine.

Kayla still enjoys school and will be going back to Chapel Hill Christian in the fall. They have to wear uniforms next year. It will be nice not to have to worry about what she'll wear from day to day.

Kayla has been sleeping great in her bed all night, no bedwetting, and is really growing so quickly. I can't believe I will have a 4 year old on my hands soon enough! It's a little bittersweet because I love her sense of wonder and innocence right now. She just soaks everything in and really seems to enjoy life. She talks soooooo much! Sometimes it drives me crazy but she always ends up bringing a smile to my face.

Sometimes I can be a little hard on her but I really want her to know just how much I love her and want what is best. I've started a notebook where I write down one thing for the day that I want to share with her. I hope I can keep that up!

She got a haircut last week. Here's a picture:




No comments: