Friday, October 21, 2011

I almost have a 4 year old!

Time goes by too quickly! I cannot believe summer has come and gone and that fall has only just begun and it's already freezing out! The colors of the leaves are perfect right now.

Kayla had a great summer. She spent her days off school at Nana Shu's house and really enjoyed it. We went swimming at the lake in our neighborhood, went to the pool, visited Mimi in Maryland, went to the park and library, and she spent time with some of her friends, Trey and Addison. School started in early August. She's back at Chapel Hill Christian school this year and is in the older 3 year old class. Her teacher is Mrs. Dancy, and so far Kayla is having a great year! We just had parent teacher conferences yesterday and Kayla got all "G's" for Good. Her teacher said she is very smart and ahead of her classmates.

Kayla's best friend Kate is in the younger three year old class, but they get to have lunch, naptime, and after care together. She seems to have lots of friends and spreads her joy and energy to others.

She started playing soccer in September and has about 3 games left for the season. The very first game was pretty rough because she was angry she wasn't scoring a goal. Lots of crying!!! We talked to her about being a good teammate and every other game has been great. She has scored a goal in almost every single game and the important thing is she running around and having fun. She's really fast!

Kayla still loves to read books by making up her own words. It's always entertaining! She also still loves to color and tells me she wants to be an artist when she grows up.

On the food front, Kayla still has a major sweet tooth! She will eat anything labeled "dessert". She told me a couple of weeks ago that the only foods she liked were pb&j, pizza, and macaroni and cheese. So I've got to figure out a way to get this girl loving her veggies! She will eat them but I have to make her! My latest trick is her rolling a dice for how many bites she has to take. If she ever rolls a 1, it's her lucky day!

Kayla is very excited about her birthday. She asks me every day how many more days it is.

I can't believe she is almost four. She has brought me more joy than I thought possible and I love her more than words could ever express. I hope she always knows that my love for her will never change.

No comments: