Friday, September 4, 2009

Two's: Terrible, Terrific, Traumatic???

Kayla is 2 months away from being 2! I'm excited for her and slightly worried about me and my sanity.

Everyday we have at least 5 (on a good day) to 10 (on a bad day) tantrums when Kayla realizes that the world doesn't completely revolve around her! She has the most trouble when I'm trying to get out of the house for something (it's Murphy's law that the faster I want to go the slower she will be). She has to feed herself, walk down the stairs herself, climb in her seat herself, and she of course decides which pace she is going to do all of this in. So when Mommy comes to speed things along - WAAAAHHHH! We have a tantrum!

The really mind boggling thing is she can be screaming, crying, stomping, hitting and causing me to wonder if I should be concerned when all of a sudden she can completely turn off the tantrum and be sweet Kayla again. Manipulation. We were born sinners and Kayla is proof. I love her dearly and I will love her through all of this. God feels the same way when he watches his children fight him for something that is actually for our good.

Kayla's two's will probably be terrible, terrific, and traumatic but what part of life isn't?

No comments: