Thursday, October 2, 2008

Trip to Maryland #2

We left early Thursday morning for our flight to Maryland.

Kayla did great for most of the trip - a little fussy near the end of the flight because she was so tired, but she drifted of to sleep after a bottle. The nearby passengers said she did really well. Huge sigh of relief for us because I know how stressful it can be to be in close quarters with a screaming baby. Luckily she was really good!

The weather was cold and drizzly but our first stop was to my Mom's corporate headquarters. She works for Marriott. Her office is huge and we were able to introduce her to some of Mom's coworkers and eat lunch in the cafeteria.

Friday we took a drive to my old daycare in Beltsville. The same people are still running it and I was able to introduce Ms. Annabelle to Kayla. I have such fond memories of that place.

Saturday we had breakfast with my Aunt Maggie and Uncle John. Kayla was being hand fed muffins like she was a queen and she had a blast exploring Aunt Maggie's house and playing with her jewelry. They were great hosts.




Saturday night we celebrated an early birthday for me. My aunt, grandparents, cousin and her fiancee were there, along with my Mom, Parnie, and Cary. We had a delicious meal of lasagna and I think we had three cakes and ice cream for dessert. Yummy!


The flight back on Sunday morning went just fine and we were back in sunny GA!

Had a great trip and so happy Kayla got to see her family.

Kayla found these two hand clappers and had so much fun playing.

Kayla and her Great-Grandma Patricia Sisler.

And a new favorite picture.

No comments: